The Write Calling

Is writing your true calling? Here you'll find encouragements for writers, book reviews, publishing industry insider tips, and market news. Read musings on writing and publishing by Katey Coffing, Ph.D.: Life Coach for Women Writers.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Colorado, United States

Published fiction and nonfiction author who embraces her creativity and coaches other women to do the same. For information and prices, visit Women-Ink.com.

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Setting (of a different kind)

Current Music: Burning Flame by Vitamin Z.

I love the parchment in this template. It reminds me of luxurious hours penning stories. Of a time and place when writing desks were not considered accent furniture. Of Julia Cameron (patron saint of writers) and fabulous self-care. If you're quiet, you can even hear the scratch of the pen as it rides the page...

I'm not as keen on the surrounding drab flower pattern. For some reason it reminds me of men's ties, the kind that should never leave their taped-up box in the attic. I'm amused I chose this particular template, which through sheer accident is in the same color family as the one I use at Women-Ink.com. Brown is the last color I would have thought I'd want, even there. It's prominent on my list of Least Favorite Colors. But then I recall the brown leather bindings of favorite books, and that enticing smell of old leather and memories. (Stables and saddles give me an equally happy feeling.)

Article of the day: Holly Lisle's "One Pass Manuscript Revision". I sent this one to clients and they were delighted with the tips.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home