The Write Calling

Is writing your true calling? Here you'll find encouragements for writers, book reviews, publishing industry insider tips, and market news. Read musings on writing and publishing by Katey Coffing, Ph.D.: Life Coach for Women Writers.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Colorado, United States

Published fiction and nonfiction author who embraces her creativity and coaches other women to do the same. For information and prices, visit Women-Ink.com.

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Happy 4th; New Blog Tools

Music I'm listening to: Something or other on my hubby's WinAmp tuner, I know not what. I recognized Harvey Danger a few songs back, though.

For those of you in the U.S., Happy Independence Day!

Hubby and I spent a fun twenty minutes on our roof, watching the fireworks. We had the best view in town, though our cats thought it bizarre that we were crawling in and out of the window.

Okay, I finally joined FeedBurner (and the modern age) and have put an easy-to-use "subscribe" link on the blog.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy 4th to you as well! I think what your doing is great. The posts I've read so far are very informative. Though I am not a woman I hope you don't mind if I peak in every now and then to read your blog.

J. Gatsby

July 04, 2006 10:39 PM  
Blogger Katey Coffing, Ph.D. said...

Thanks, J.! You are absolutely welcome here, and I'm glad to know you enjoy the blog.

(And shh, don't tell--I even have a few male clients! They discovered the Women-Ink website, "clicked" with my coaching style, and braved the site's estrogen to call for a consultation. (grin) For me, that showed their resolve to write and publish--something I want to see before I take on a client.)

Anyway, writing tips are usually unisex (g), so by all means, free to stop by. :-)

July 04, 2006 11:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with J! This site is wonderful.

Thanks for posting on my blog the other day. As a writer aspiring to be published, I need all the encouragement I can get!

Denise Jones

July 05, 2006 4:08 AM  
Blogger Katey Coffing, Ph.D. said...

Thanks for the compliment, Denise!

I'm not the first to say this, but:

Three things are required for publication: talent, persistence, and luck. The first two are mostly in the writer's own hands. Luck is harder, because we humans can't control it...

But as the saying goes, luck favors the prepared mind. So keep going with the first two items (especially the persistence) and you'll make some luck!

When you do, be sure to come back to the blog and let us all know. We'll do the Happy Inky Writer's Dance for you. :-D

July 05, 2006 7:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home