The Write Calling

Is writing your true calling? Here you'll find encouragements for writers, book reviews, publishing industry insider tips, and market news. Read musings on writing and publishing by Katey Coffing, Ph.D.: Life Coach for Women Writers.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Colorado, United States

Published fiction and nonfiction author who embraces her creativity and coaches other women to do the same. For information and prices, visit Women-Ink.com.

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

New Year's Eve Hospital Hell

Dear Blog Readers:

I'm really hoping you've all been having a better 2007 than I've had so far. On New Year's Eve, a nightmare of a kidney infection smacked me. I spent the next ten days in the hospital, including four in the ICU. I nearly died. (Yeah...um, I don't think I've 100% processed that yet.)

I finally got home yesterday. To anyone who tried to contact me during my hospital ordeal (and can I just tell you HOW MUCH I never want to see the inside of a hospital again???), I apologize. I'm climbing back in the saddle and will be culling through emails and voicemails.

Meanwhile, I hope the sparkly new 2007 has been kind to you!

- Katey, grateful for being alive to write this post


2 Comments:

Blogger Chicki Brown said...

Wondering where you'd disappeared to. So glad you're healed, whole and healthy again.

January 11, 2007 5:51 AM  
Blogger Katey Coffing, Ph.D. said...

Thank you so much, Chicki. Me too!

Every day gets better, and I'm grateful for that, too. And for my husband, who was my rock during the whole nightmare.

The doc who gave me an emergency appendectomy (long story--I didn't come in with obvious kidney symptoms) told me the day I was going home that I'd had the worst case of pyelonephritis [kidney infection] he'd ever seen.

Naturally, I wish I hadn't made anyone's "worst case ever" list (g). But maybe, if I exercise carefully to get my strength and my lung capacity back, I can be back on the ski slopes in a few weeks...

Mwa ha ha!

January 11, 2007 9:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home