The Write Calling

Is writing your true calling? Here you'll find encouragements for writers, book reviews, publishing industry insider tips, and market news. Read musings on writing and publishing by Katey Coffing, Ph.D.: Life Coach for Women Writers.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Colorado, United States

Published fiction and nonfiction author who embraces her creativity and coaches other women to do the same. For information and prices, visit Women-Ink.com.

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Ebooks win, and so does "plain writing"

Music I'm listening to: "Icing on the Cake" by Stephen "Tin Tin" Duffy.

Ebook sales have now surpassed print book sales at Amazon--even after excluding free ebooks. It had to happen, folks, and anyone who's still thinking it will take a couple of years for ebooks to grab more than 20% of the market is in denial (ahem, nameless "analysts" in this CNN article).

And as a former college professor, I'm smiling at this little piece of news: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/05/19/plain-writing-act-to-take_n_864336.html. Long time comin'.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Savanna said...

Hi!

It's interesting the way that e-books are flourishing. I, personally, still prefer books. I like to hold something tangible. I also enjoy that "new book smell" that I'll likely never get with an e-book. However, as e-books keep gaining popularity, the more I consider publishing one.

Thanks,
Savanna
MyForgottenPen (A Progressive Writing Guide)

December 02, 2011 10:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home